Monday, March 7, 2011

A good question to ask yourself, "Is it the Buzz talking?"

We'll have to skip the White Russian for now.  Tonight I managed to go out with a friend from work, THANKS JO!  I even managed it with the boy along.  Imagine that!  So while out at Jerry's I had a Grey Goose Lemon Drop Martini and I had a celebrity siting.  Of course I couldn't place the actor while I was sitting at the restuarant trying to prevent my 14 month old from clobbering the person in the booth next to me with the macroni and cheese dish, but figured it out with a little google help once I got home.  What did I google? "Curly haired actor" The result...James Frain.  Okay, so I have no idea what he actually ate, but since I had Pastrami, just imagine the man below and...a faint scent of ...meat. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Grey Goose Lemon Drop Martini
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1/4 - 3/4 oz Sugar Syrup
1 1/2 oz Grey Goose
1/2 oz TripleSec
Shake with Ice Cubes

What a nice way to end this crazy day at work.  I'm lucky because I'm now only working 20 hours a week, but as my colleagues have said, "Now, you seem like you're on turbo at work."  Apparently there is a joke at work that if you're caught in the hallaway as I'm coming your way.  You're sure to be flattened as I steamroll down the hallway.  I'm still working out how to balance the whole family thing with the work thing.  I have full-time responsibilities with only 20 hours to do it.  I was frequently called a "workaholic" before the boy came along and now I just try to fit everything into a smaller amount of time + the Grey Goose :)

Oh, I found a site that readers of this blog might be interested in.  Check out this website if you're a mom and want a degree in bartending.



Ok, I must make plans for more recipes.  The To Buy List includes Gin.  That is "good" Gin as my husband says, because we definitely do not want Gin that tastes like pine.  I guess I'm just happy if it doesn't taste like paint thinner, but what do I know.

The American Bar says, "A Bar without Gin is like an Italian kitchen without pasta."  So off to the store to buy some good Gin.  Also, I've been advised that I should have my own Still.  What do you all think?  It would fit on the balconey with the Worm Factory.  Would it bother the neighbors below us?  Would it cancel out the smell of the worms?  Do the neighbors even know that I have a worm composter with thousands of worms living just above them?  Let's hope not.  So a Still? 

Ah well, off to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment